Welcome to our second tutorial that would help you to know about the processes of SEO:
PROCESSES OF SEO:
RESEARCH ON KEYWORD DEVELOPMENT: It is a primary concern for search engine optimization. It is important to know what keywords, majority of people uses to search for information that they need at a specific location.
If your page titles and pages don’t have those most searched keywords your page links would not be visible on first result page of search engines.
Let’s compare two e-commerce site, Flipkart and Infibeam.
If a person searches ‘online shopping site’ in a search engines it returns a list of page links that have included above searched keyword.
We see that Flipkart is listed but Infibeam is not present on the first page of the result because Infibeam has not included that specific keywords in the page titles or page contents.
Important points to consider in applying SEO:
Key words should be implemented at the right places: Think about the keywords user type in the search engine and include those in the key places.
- TITLE: Texts in the search result that are written in blue colour and big font are Titles of page links. Search engine gives 60 to 80% weightage to titles, therefore, titles should be simple, creative, meaningful and related to the content of the page. Keywords used in the title should be contextual with supporting content.Make sure that if it includes a product name it should be named as what common people call it.
- URL: Text, in green are url of pages. It should be short and related to the page title. Whenever a external link is included in the content, a alt text must be be added to it to clearly show information about that external page. Search engine does not prefer big page urls.
- CONTENT: Content of the page should be precise and related to the page title. It should include keywords people search.
- PRIMARY KEYWORDS SHOULD NOT BE REPEATED: It is important not to repeat keywords throughout the page content. We see in the above webpage message is repeated many times. This approach should be avoided to improve ranking and visibility. It decreases the credibility of pages.
- PAGE SHOULD HAVE CLEAR HIERARCHY AND NAVIGATION: People will instantly leave your page if it doesn’t have easy navigation and a clear hierarchy.
Stay tuned for our next blog to cover more relevant topics in the field of Search Engine Optimization.